Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Some body at work had a accident with my car geico refuses

Customer Question
to accept any liability...
some body at work had a accident with my car geico refuses to accept any liability how do I proceed who do I contact
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/2/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have a full insurance coverage on your vehicle, including collision and comprehensive?

COMPLETE COVERAGE CLAIMING SECTION 1 THAT IS WAS AT REPAIR SHOP BUT THAT IS WHERE IWORK WHERE DO I FILE A COMPLAINT

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you repost an accident to the police and have a copy of the police report?

What is the amount of damage and what are the grounds for the denial of claim by the insurance company?

THERE CLAIMING CAR WAS AT DEALERSHIP SO THEY ARE NOT LIABLE BUT CAR WAS NOT THERE FOR REPAIR ITS WHERE I WORK, YES THER IS A POLICE REPORT .WHAT IS MY FIRST STEP?WHO DO I REPORT THIS TO

Thank you for your follow up.

What is the amount of damage?

Do you have prove that you are employed by the dealer?

Did the car have a regular license plate or a dealer plate?

3000 , YES I HAVE PROOF I WORK THERE. REGULAR PLATE, LOOKING HOW BEST TO PROCEED WITH GEICO

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, if the insurance company denies a claim for the insured vehicle, then a small claims court case can be filed and the insured can sue the insurance company for the amount of damages plus court costs.

The judge will review all the evidence and arguments from both sides and will make a decision based on all the information presented to the court.

Here is the link to official NYS Court website which has all the information and details on how to pursue a small claims court case in New York State:

http://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/pdfs/smallclaimshandbook.pdf

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Thank you

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law