How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19134
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went into a car dealership test drive and i was told i

Customer Question

I went into a car dealership for a test drive and i was told i would have to pay as if i was purchasing the car in order to test drive. I paid 1500$ and less than 24 hrs the car broke down on me. The dealership told me that i need to have my insurance
tow the car back. Once towed back i told the dealer i did not want to do business due to the lemon car. He only gave me 600 back and told me i owe him for the tow. He did not give me all of my money back. Left me without a car and without money.i struggled
financially afterwards. They told me because i signed documents it would prevent me from being able to take them to court to get my money back plus cost of financial suffering and loss. Is this true?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It depends on what you signed and whether there was material representation.

You need to proceed with your Small Claim and let the Court decide. Something smells quite funny here--being charged to tow the dealership's car is unfair and deceptive practice.

The lawsuit would be filed at the local Magistrate Courthouse where the dealership is located. You can obtain Small Claim forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online. Click on the link below to locate the proper Magistrate Court:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions