Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I went into a car dealership test drive and i was told i

Customer Question

I went into a car dealership for a test drive and i was told i would have to pay as if i was purchasing the car in order to test drive. I paid 1500$ and less than 24 hrs the car broke down on me. The dealership told me that i need to have my insurance
tow the car back. Once towed back i told the dealer i did not want to do business due to the lemon car. He only gave me 600 back and told me i owe him for the tow. He did not give me all of my money back. Left me without a car and without money.i struggled
financially afterwards. They told me because i signed documents it would prevent me from being able to take them to court to get my money back plus cost of financial suffering and loss. Is this true?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It depends on what you signed and whether there was material representation.

You need to proceed with your Small Claim and let the Court decide. Something smells quite funny here--being charged to tow the dealership's car is unfair and deceptive practice.

The lawsuit would be filed at the local Magistrate Courthouse where the dealership is located. You can obtain Small Claim forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online. Click on the link below to locate the proper Magistrate Court:

http://www.georgiacourts.org/find-your-court