How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Type Your Question Here...

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post.

What specifically is your question, how can I help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there, were you able to see the question i posted on bankruptcy?
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I did not. What is your question, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i went ch 7 and had no assets at the time of filing and then a year or two or three from now someone sues me for services i rendered prior to the bankruptcy; can you confirm i would be protected by the bankruptcy law; i would have no exposure to liablity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Follow-up what I go chapter 7 and have 15k -20k in assets when go bankruptcy, and a yea ror two or three from now someone sues me for services rendered prior to the bankruptcy.
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.


My apologies but I cannot so confirm. For you to be able to be protected from this debt, you'd need to disclose it. The fact this debt happened prior to filing does not automatically mean that it was protected or discharged, it has to be formally listed on your filing, or at least this person has to be listed and a statement that perhaps some debt may exist that you are seeking to remove.


Dimitry, Esq.