How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 34076
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I co-signed with an employee a couple years ago to purchase

Customer Question

I co-signed with an employee a couple years ago to purchase a truck. He has paid the note off on the truck . He no longer works for me. I have contacted him several times and ask him to have the truck title taken out of my name but he never gets it done. I have been notified by his ins co. That the ins has not been paid and so it's not covered. Since my name is ***** ***** title can I have this truck picked up. The truck is in Georgia
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you are on title then you have a right to use and possession equal to the ex employee. So long as you do not breach the peace or trespass, you are free to "repossess" the vehicle. Just make sure to have a copy of the title with you in case it is reported stolen and you are stopped by the police.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?