How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19331
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a transmission rebuild done in Jan 2015 and tried to

Customer Question

I had a transmission rebuild done in Jan 2015 and tried to get it fixed by the shop that did the work for7 months. They had the car for a total of 6 times for a total of 22 days.
They did not attempt any repairs of the problems I am having soI filed a BBB case.
The BBB failed to help resolve the issues but closed the case as customer unsatisfied and is on record at the BBB under Chester Co. Transmission .
My car is still having problems. I asked for a refund or arbitrator and got nowhere.
Should I just give up or is there another recourse? I am on disability so my income is only 26k/ year. Paying $4000 for a faulty repair just causes too many problems to go into especially since my car is now undependable.
I have also had to have other repairs made caused by the faulty workmanship done.
All is documented at the BBB website under my name, David Rung.
I am at a loss and had to go to my doctor just to get something to help me sleep.
The stress was and is unbearable at times.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to send a demand letter to the repair shop for refund and if necessary file lawsuit against the repair shop for the substandard repair and for refund of your cost or the cost for a replacement. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to sue the repair shop.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

You may in the alternative, go to your local Courthouse in the Clerk's Office and obtain Small Claim forms to file Small Claim against the company and ask the Court to order the company to refund the money that you paid for the rebuild or pay for the cost to properly repair the transmission or for a replacement.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions