How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm researching as to dealer obligations when it comes to

Customer Question

Hi, I'm researching as to dealer obligations when it comes to buying a used car (with warranty). I bought a 2011 VW Jetta silver 4dr 2.5se used from Rickcase VW in Weston, Fl. After having been in an accident I took the car to a pre approved shop by my insurance which also happens to be Rickcase Honda where I was informed that my car had damage to it before and that it was glued together. The dealer at the time of sale did not disclose any information regarding this and if the front bumper was glued together then it shouldn't have passed the inspection check from the dealer in the first place which means that they: misrepresented, fraud, neglected to disclose information pursuant to Florida statute 501.976 they legally have to as well as endangerment of life What course of action can I take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, are you sure that they were aware of past damage? I do not simply ask this lightly, the reason that is key is because to prove fraud or misrepresentation, you must show that the dealer KNOWINGLY failed to disclose known defects or issues with the vehicle. If you can meet that threshold, or believe that you can, then you can contact the Florida Attorney General's Office, and file a grievance with their consumer protection division, and also file suit directly for damages based on fraud and material misrepresentation of the state of the vehicle.


Dimitry, Esq.