How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19471
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I purchased a vacation plan with Welk and as

Customer Question

My husband and I purchased a vacation plan with Welk and as time goes by we realize we were given several false promises. Our points and plan do not start until Jan and we have tried to work with Welk for over four months to no avail. Under Missouri law, the time share company cannot make unfullfillrd promises.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can we get out of this contract immediately due to false advertising and because their program is not somewhere we can book out vacations or trips without calling for their help, as they have repeated over and over.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

You need to send a written notice to the company to the address designated in your contract that you are cancelling the contract effective immediately due to false promises that they have made to you and to return any deposit that you paid. You need to name ALL the false promises that they made in your notice, for your protection and record.

If the company ignores your request, then you would have to file lawsuit for return of your deposit.