How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6800
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After two months of complying with all preliminary

Customer Question

After two months of complying with all preliminary requirements for an endometrial biopsy and taking drugs for the procedure on that day, we arrived for the procedure. Prior to the procedure, the physicians assistant made a number of mistakes, as did Dr. Boots. Dr. Boots gave me a prescription that was not compatible with the drugs I was taking. I told this to the doctor at the meeting on Oct. 20th and she seemed unconcerned. She was more concerned that I was "not kind" to her staff. Then she refused to do the procedure. I have had menstrual pains since that date, due to the drug Misoprostol. Since I am 67 years old, this is most uncomfortable on day 3 of taking the drug. Dr. Boots delayed treatment. I had the procedure done on Oct. 20th done by another doctor, who had to do it since I was in labor. When the new doctor finally got the medical records from Boots, she learned the procedure was unnecessary. If Dr. Boots had read the results of my ultra sound test, this procedure would not be necessary, according to my new gynecologist.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any recourse we would be able to pursue that would reimburse us for pain and suffering?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You could pursue a medical malpractice claim. That cause of action allows for you to recover pain and suffering as well as other damages.

The problem is that medical malpractice cases are extremely expensive to pursue, the least I have ever seen one cost was $50k in expenses with $100k and up being more normal. That means that a case has to be likely to generate damages of $500k or more before a lawyer would consider taking the case.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions