Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I only have an expired drivers license. the notary guy said

Customer Question

I only have an expired drivers license. the notary guy said he would give me a notarized letter-verifying that this is me and that the original one was stolen I need it for tsa-im flying tomorrow!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and Thank you for your question, Prior to 2008, TSA would not accept an expired Driver's License as a form of Identification. But, since 2008, TSA changed this rule. Since 2008, TSA has changed this rule and will allow you to use an expired Driver's License as a form of Identification to board a flight, but only after they ask you an interminable number of questions (that seem to never end), and TSA uses a National database to verify your answers.

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Positive Fedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA