How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I only have an expired drivers license. the notary guy said

Customer Question

I only have an expired drivers license. the notary guy said he would give me a notarized letter-verifying that this is me and that the original one was stolen I need it for tsa-im flying tomorrow!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and Thank you for your question, Prior to 2008, TSA would not accept an expired Driver's License as a form of Identification. But, since 2008, TSA changed this rule. Since 2008, TSA has changed this rule and will allow you to use an expired Driver's License as a form of Identification to board a flight, but only after they ask you an interminable number of questions (that seem to never end), and TSA uses a National database to verify your answers.

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Positive Fedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,

Kindest Regards,