Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I own Oliver Steak Company in Oxford, MS. An employee helped

Customer Question
I own Oliver Steak Company...
I own Oliver Steak Company in Oxford, MS . An employee helped my set up my face book page for the company. She no longer works for me and has written terrible things on the fsce page for my company. Her name is***** How can I get facebook to remove the entire Oliver Steak Company page?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
are you available yet?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/14/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Who owns that page? Under whose name is ***** ***** listed?

I thought it was under my page.... I am not that savy with computers.... When I had another employee try to shut the page down permanently, he said it looks like she put it under her face page id and password... what can I do??
if you look at the page, it says I serve cock roaches with your salad.... there is also a racial comment! UGH!
she might be up all night (on drugs) posting crazy things...
is this the first time you have helped someone with this same problem?

This is not the first time I helped with such problems. But this is not an immediate response. If you want it shut down today, it likely won't work but you can pursue the employee for damages. Please allow me just a few moments to formulate my response.

what is your answer???
are you there???

Hello, I am here--I am drafting your response. Please allow me just a few more moments.

Sorry for the delay, the answer is not simple and it took a bit to write down. What you are describing is called 'defamation', in this case business defamation. To prove defamation you need to show these 4 factors, which appear to exist:

1. A defamatory (untrue) statement

2. Of or concerning the plaintiff

3. Communicated to third parties AND

4. Damages (which are presumed when it is a business that is being defamed).

In addition you can claim that the other person is engaged in 'tortious interference with a business interest', send them a letter, and demand removal or you will file suit against them for losses. This is all against the individual, NOT against Facebook.

As far as Facebook is concerned, you need to leave a message and state that if they do not remove, they will be liable for defamation against you as well because under law ANYONE who repeats a defamatory statement is liable for damages as well, and demand that they remove or give over control of that page to you, since you are that business. I urge you to consider pursuing the past employee for the harm done, and do so concurrently while you are pursuing Facebook to remove this information posted against you.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq

do you know where to send an email to facebook? it would carry much more weight if that complaint came from a lawyer... which I am not..... could you so that?

I cannot write this for you. What you are seeking is straight-out representation, and we here cannot provide such services for you. That is a site limitation, and my state bar would also bar such practice.

As far as reporting this to Facebook, you can use this link below:

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/274459462613911/?ref=u2u

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

I see that you had some time to evaluate my information and hopefully get this issue resolved. Please let me know if you were able to do so, and if you need any further assistance. Otherwise, if satisfied, kindly do not forget to positively rate so that I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney