Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Can I back out of new car purchase contract if I haven't

Customer Question

Can I back out of new car purchase contract if I haven't taken possession of the car yet
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, as long as, the buyer has signed the purchase agreement, the buyer is legally bound by the purchase agreement, regardless of whether physical possession of the vehicle was taken by the buyer and unless the dealer agrees to cancel the contract or dealer fails to comply with the terms of the purchase agreement, it would be legally binding and enforceable.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!