Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I have submitted my paperwork to the American Home Servicing

Customer Question
Center 505 N. Tustin St. Suite...
I have submitted my paperwork to the American Home Servicing Center 505 N. Tustin St.
Suite 212
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Business hours 7AM- 3PM PST Main Line:(###) ###-####mail:***@******.***
Fax:(###) ###-####
Website: www.am-sc.com
I have paid them my money and then they said i would have to make 3 payments and then everything would be finalized. I called my loan company and they stated to me that our home is in foreclosure and they haven't received any paperwork from them. We are suppose be under the HARP program. They said we already qualified for the program. I feel like I am getting the run around. Is there anything I can do to get them to speed up the process.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Our home is being financed through Loan Care aka Freedom Mortgage.
Answered in 2 days by:
10/13/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: attyadvisor, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Lawyer

Is your loan serviced through American Home Servicing Center or is this a company you were working with to assist you with the modification process? Charging up-front fees to assist in a loan modification is illegal. If you have not done so already you will want to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau online today at http://www.consumerfinance.gov. You will also want to file a complaint with your State Attorney General against this company as the Attorney General is tasked with consumer protection for the State. https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/mortgages. You can also contact a HARP counselor directly since neither the servicing company nor the your lender are assisting you at http://harpprogram.org/contact.php. HUD can also assist at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/avoiding_foreclosure. Please let me know if this company is your loan services and if not how you came into contact with them?

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Lawyer