How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118260
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an inventor. My patent attorney failed to notify me

Customer Question

I am an inventor. My patent attorney failed to notify me about maintenance fees that were due. Consequently, many of my 300 patents lapsed for inadvertent failure to pay the maintenance fees.
I would like to sue my patent attorney. How can I find an attorney in Connecticut would sue him on a contingence basis?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would be looking for a legal malpractice attorney and you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, or You would be able to sue for all of the losses you can prove that his negligence caused you to incur.