Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

I just have one simple question. I know a doctor can

Customer Question

I just have one simple question. I know a doctor can conference another doctor legally about your given situation. But can that doctor in his wording and verbiage try and push an already obvious bias on another doctor. I recently dealt with this with an
ER Doc. concerning some of my psychiatric medications, I was feeling way off, I went in asking for nothing but help and at reading what i was suppose to hand this doctor that was going to take over my care i was appalled.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 2 years ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

There would be nothing illegal about one doctor providing another doctor their opinion or prognosis to another doctor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if the report the ER gave me to take to a behavioral hospital had blatant lies throughout. Thus pushing someone to have a preconceived notion about me before I arrive. And I can promise u that's exactly what happened. The doctor took me off a Benzodiazepine that I had been on for 8 years at 2MG daily and had the nerve to tell me that it was completely safe and tapering just prolonged the process.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 2 years ago.

If the report is an opinion or a prognosis, it should be supported by any other records showing the prognosis is accurate. It would be up to the new doctor to then establish their own opinion and prognosis via treatment of their own.