Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Have a judgment against me they refused to take monies I

Customer Question

Have a judgment against me they refused to take monies I wanted to give them. Only wanted 1000.00 a month. I offered 400.00. Now they want to get a judgment for a place keepers debris in my shop how can I stop them
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Can you please explain who has the judgment and who is now trying to get another judgment. It feels like walking in on the middle of a movie here and you need to tell us the whole story and what your specific question is.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a GPS service for my business and it was for five years lease with an option to buy these units and I haven't paid for quite some time they Kip billing me and billing me by the month never stop I thought after certain time they will stop billing me but they did not they say I have a binding agreement with them they didn't have to stop billing me for the bill got to be $7000 they took me to court and won the case

Thank you for your reply.

If you had a contract with the company and did not pay in accordance to the terms of the contract, then you have a right to pursue you for the debt. You cannot just stop paying and they would stop and go away. You had to actually cancel the service in accordance with the terms of the contract.

However, I am afraid we still did not see a specific question for you above, can you please ask us a question we can answer for you?