How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1575
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Japanese car exporter who has taken my money and

Customer Question

I have a Japanese car exporter who has taken my money and hasn't sent my vehicle and won't provide a refund
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 years ago.

Even though this car exporter is located in Japan, you are able to sue the car exporter in US courts because of the contact that they have made in US. What you will need to do is file a complaint in federal court against the Japanese car exporter and properly serve the Japanese exporter.

Japan is part of something known as the "Hague Convention" which allows you to serve your complaint for civil and commercial matters. Due to the complexity of this issue, I would suggest hiring a local attorney who can help you with the process.