Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

How do you have in the state of Utah to pick something you

Customer Question

How long do you have in the state of Utah to pick something you bought up before it legally gos back to the person you bought it from?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Depending on what the item is and the circumstances it's left under, the other party may be able to treat the property as abandoned after a month or so. But they don't have to, and having property declared abandoned doesn't undo a contract. The seller could choose to sue for the money owed, because a sale is final when the agreement is made. There's no legal right to return it, and no legal amount of time it would automatically revert to the seller, reversing the agreement. Just as it takes two parties to agree to create a contract, both people must agree to undo it.

The statute of limitations for the seller to sue for payment is four years from the date of the agreement, if it was done orally, or six years if it was in writing.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.