Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

NOT ONLY MYSELF BUT SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN A PARTY

Customer Question

NOT ONLY MYSELF BUT SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN A PARTY TO UNLAWFUL MEMBERSHIP OF AMAZON PRIME. THEY DO NOT EXPLAIN THEIR RULES AND REGULATIONS.
PLUS MANY PEOPLE BESIDE MYSELF. ARE TRYING TO GET SOME ACTION TO PREVENT FUTURE PROBLEMS FOR ALL CONCERNED. I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG INFORMATION FROM AN AGENT OF AMAZON PRIME (this person was not in AMERICA). DID NOT GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION CAUSATION OF CLOSING MY AMAZON PRIME ACCOUNT AND MANY OTHERS ARE SUFFERING FROM THEIR UNFAIR PRACTICE OF " THEY DO NOT MEET STANDARD OF LAW UNDER "GOOD FAITH AND FAIR DEALING ACCORDANCE TO THE LAW". I AM TERMINALLY ILL AND THEY NEVER DIRECTED ME AS I COULD NOT ORDER BOOKS AND KEEP AND PURCHASE SOME, PLUS DEFECTIVE RETURNS THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT.
THIS HAS BEEN DONE TO MANY PEOPLE CONCERNING AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP.
PLEASE CONTACT ME PROMPTLY AT xxx xxx-xxxx
RESPECTFULLY
MICHELE xxxxx
PS: I HAD NO IDEA THAT I COULD READ A BOOK ON THE KINDEL AND DECIDE IF I WANTED THE SUBJECT MATTER IT ENCLOSED, THEREFORE I RETURNED SEVERAL BOOKS AND THEY NEVER EDUCATED ME IN USING THE AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP AND RETURN POLICY. ON A 3 WAY CALL THEY SAID THEY WOULD LIFT THE HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT.
I AM TERMIALLY ILL AND MY MOTHER HAS ALZHEIMERS. I JUST WANTED TO SEE SOME AMAZON PRIME FREE VIDEOS(COMES WITH MEMBERSHIP) AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT FOR OVER USING THE RETURN SYSTEM OF PRODUCTS. IF I KNEW THAT I HAD TO PURCHASE A KINDEL TO GET TO READ THE BOOKS FREE I WOULD OF NEVER HAD TO RETURN ANY. SOME I DID PURCHASE, PLUS A DEFECTIVE PHONE WAS RETURNED.
PLEASE HELP ME TO HELP MYSELF.
RESPECTFULLY
MICHELE xxxx PLEASE CALL ME I AM VERY SICK AND BEING ON THE COMPUTER IS VERY PAINFUL xxx xxx-xxxx
THANKS AGAIN
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Amazon is very good regarding their customer service. Reading a book on kindle and then returning it is like going to Barnes and Nobel bookstore and buying a book, reading it and then returning it. That is not allowed and it is very clearly described in the Amazon terms of service I am afraid. Amazon offers many free books and also has a library service, where you can read the book and return it when done. However, their policy does state that the return of books that were read can be seen as a violation of their policy.

You need to contact them again and speak to the supervisor since they told you they would reactivate your account, but when they do (and most times they will in our experience) you cannot continue to order and constantly return or they will shut you down again permanently this time I am afraid.

The problem is their terms of service allow them to do so and if you read those terms which are provided to everyone, you can see it in those terms of service that they "reserve the right to cancel an account at any time."