Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Is there a Simon in this agency who is concerned with

Customer Question
Is there a David Simon...
Is there a David Simon in this agency who is concerned with sweepstakes scams?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/16/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

We are not an agency. We are a general information site. All consumer rights agencies will take complaints about sweepstakes scams. But if someone supposedly named David Simon reached out to you and told you that he could get you back money you had lost to a sweepstakes scam, beware.

When once you have been taken by a scammer you make the scammer's short list. Sooner or later they always come back to their previous victims in new disguises. The way in which they most commonly do that is to claim that they are an investigator, a lawyer, or someone from some kind of consumer agency or insurance company who tells you that he can get your money back. For a fee. And then another. And another. And another. And another. For as long as it takes until you figure out it's just another scam.

If that's what's going on here walk away and report the fraud to the FBI at IC3.gov and the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. If that's not what you're talking about, please give me more information. What is the name of the agency involved. What do they say they want to do for you and what must you do in return?

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer