How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118231
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took my 1999 Chrysler Sebring to a car repair shop that

Customer Question

I took my 1999 Chrysler Sebring to a car repair shop that gave me a verbal estimate over the phone of $364.60 to replace the fuel pump. When I took the car in I told the man who checked my car in that I did not know what was wrong with it. He said he couid do a diagnostic on it that would cost $98. I agreed to that amount. I also gave him permission to put on a fuel pump for the estimate that was quoted to us iF that was what was wrong. Otherwise problems needed to be checked with us before he did any work & he agreed. He called later (about 12:30) & said my car needed a complete tune-up that would cost over $800.00. I did not authorize the work & said I would have to call him back. I got another estimate & before I could call him back he called me again & said the estimate had gone up to over $900. I told him I could not afford to have the work done & I would be in to pick up my car & pay him $98 for the diagnostics. He said I would have to pay over $300 to get it put back together because they had already started working on it. Now I cannot get my car back until tomorrow & I am worried about the cost that I did not authorize & what condition my car will be in tomorrow. Can you help? Jerry Horton
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What state was this in?