How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My inlays were denied the life insurance policy from their

Customer Question

My inlays were denied the life insurance policy from their son. He was sick due to the job he had in the military. Took this policy through employer worth $250,000. Employer says he was missing a piece of paper. My mother in law had an attorney in South Carolina ,where they live, and there was an attorney in Georgia where. Their son lived. Both attorneys really did nothing for them. This was 3 years ago. My mil spoke with another attorney who looked over everything and said their was nothing they could do. I am wondering if we should get another opinion? I just feel that there is someone out there who could fight this and get them their money. They struggle physically and financially and their son knew that and told them before he died that they would be taken care of. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I am not following what paper could be missing to void a policy. If he qualified and was vested, policy should be paid out. Normally this is pursued by having local counsel write to human resources and then if needed involving the labor board to review, as well as civil court action to get a declaratory judgment holding there is coverage and a policy

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The denial letter states that his waiver of premium claim was denied. He needed to submit some medical information for review. They say the waiver unit claims they never received an appeal request or medical information. They state he would not have group life benefits if not actively working unless he was approved for continuation. They wanted proof that he continued to be totally disabled, which the employer claims they never received.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

would need then to locate documents that such information was asked for, and if so, provided, and that they duly notified him in writing per the policy that it has cancelled. If they dont have that they need to honor it! Kindly rate me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they do have that paperwork, then it's a done deal? I have to ask my Mil. If not, what should be our next step?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

They need to have all of it. and proof it was delivered. That is not likely. If they produce or fail, your next step is through cousnel to demand payment and consider a civil lawsuit to force them to pay it. Often such cases settle. Kindly rate me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this can be done even though it's been a few years? Where do we need to obtain an attorney? Where he lived, where his parents live, or can we obtain one in our state?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can find a lawyer where the deceased resided or where company is located. is a great resource as is The idea is to apply some pressure and try to settle. Kindly rate me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would we have to do to get this handled where we live, in Wisconsin? Can we have my father in law give up administrator control to my husband? Also, we do not have money to put down , will a lawyer take the case and get paid only if we get payment?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may have someone take over with court appoval. A lawyer locally make take it on contingency fee basis. is a great resource for finding someone locally as is and Good luck. Kindly take a moment to click on an excellent rating.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions