How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 34517
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cosigned a leased car son in law last year because s

Customer Question

I cosigned a leased car for my son in law last year because his credit was very low and me co signing reduce his monthly payment. He currently a Vice President at Darden income well over $200,000. Darden supplied a vehicle for him and feels he no longer has to pay for the leased car. He told me it is my problem not his. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. If he stops paying on this lease you could pay the lease off and then sue him for the money you must pay to protect your credit. Consider having a local attorney write a demand letter; this is a letter demanding he pay off the lease and letting him know you will sue him if he does not. Most attorneys will write such a letter for nominal fee. If he refuses to take responsibility? Then you can file suit.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.