John, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney experienced in consumer protection law.
71296933

When the health care law says everyone, even people with

Customer Question

When the health care law says everyone , even people with pre-existing conditions, can get health insurance, does it mean companies like AARP and Mutual Of Oamaha are exempt from giving this service?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will a letter to an underwriter help? Do they always say no?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Those companies offering health insurance to the public must offer it without exclusion for pre-existing conditions. That is true. But they don't have to offer health insurance. And there are open enrollment periods for getting on the health exchange. I'm not sure why you were denied - they must give you a specific reason for your denial...do you have this reason?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.