How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19664
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reciently purchased a vehicle from copart online...the

Customer Question

I reciently purchased a vehicle from copart online...the advertisement stated 73,000 actual miles and clear title. After receiving the vehicle I ran a carfax and it came back with a statement that the vehicle was a previous taxi with over 400,000 miles and a branded title from an odometer change. Do I have any recourse against copart?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, you do. You can return the car and ask for your money back because the company materially misrepresented the mileage on the car. 400,000 miles is quite different from 73,000 miles, or you can ask that the price of the car be reduced to reflect the actual mileage. If the company ignores you or denies you request, you can file with your Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau or file lawsuit against the company for unfair and deceptive practice.