Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

Is it legal to crossdress in kansas

Customer Question

is it legal to crossdress in kansas
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.

Cross-dressing per se is not illegal anywhere. Whether a cross-dresser would be protected by anti-discrimination laws is another matter.

Kansas offers no protection in that area. However, a bill called the Kansas Preservation of Religious Freedom Act, which would have allowed, for example, an employer to fire a cross-dresser on the grounds that his sexual orientation offended the employer's religious sensibility, was ultimately defeated last year. While that's good news for cross-dressers as well as for LGBTs, there are no laws in Kansas that would specifically prevent discrimination.