How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The school my granddaughter (who was in kindergarten)

Customer Question

The school my granddaughter (who was in kindergarten) attended had enrollment for the next year before school ended, about June. I paid the enrollment fee and registered her for first grade. When school started she went on Wednesday August 19th the first
day for first graders. The first day for kindergarten was on Monday, two days earlier. The administration said they disenrolled her because she did not show up for kindergarten because she was being retained. They stated that the enrollment fee would be.put
in the mail. I went today for my refund and the director told me that she never stated the fee would be put in the mail and if I bring back the shirt today or tomorrow and find her she would give me back half I asked her to write that down but she refused.
What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they did not allow her to to attend because they were retaining her and told you the money would be refunded, then you need to give them 14 days at least. You also need to return the shirt to them. If you get no refund from them in 14 days, then I am afraid your only recourse is filing suit in small claims court where you do not need an attorney and you can sue to recover all of the money spent including the costs of filing the suit.