How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 34560
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a motor vehicle online from a dealer in Florida

Customer Question

I purchased a motor vehicle online from a dealer in Florida back on 7/31 to be shipped to Utah and have yet to receive the vehicle. I was promised a delivery date of 8/31 but still no confirmation on delivery. What's my rights if I want to cancel this purchase now? I have already paid for the vehicle in full.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, what did you pay for the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$14,300.00 purchase
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.


If the seller did not deliver the vehicle, as promised, that would be a basis to void the contract (and demand your money back)

If they refuse to return your money (after you demand it)? You can sue them to recover.

YOu would need to sue them in Florida (since that is where the car is and that is where they are located).

You have a few options
1. You can hire a lawyer and sue for the entire amount ($14.3K)
2. You can file a small claims case.

Small claims is a true "peoples court". The formal rules of evidence and procedure do not apply. So you can represent yourself (no need to hire a lawyer).

HOwever, you are limited to $5K in damages in small claims.

So if you want the full amount back and they refuse to return the money, you will need to have a lawyer file suit for you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions