How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27746
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the victim of a fraudulent sale wherein the sale item

Customer Question

I am the victim of a fraudulent sale wherein the sale item was advertised as being in excellent condition with little previous use. The exact opposite was the case. The item was sold to me via a re-seller so both the original owner and the re-seller are liable. Unfortunately the money involved is more than the maximum threshold for a small claims case. Can you tell me what sort of lawyer I should seek to represent me and if you know how I might go about contacting such a professional in Washington DC.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.


My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with this question.

You want a consumer protection lawyer. Many civil trial lawyers in general practice also do this kind of work.

Unfortunately, the terms of service on this website do not allow us to refer customers to any specific lawyer or law firm. What I can do is direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find an attorney to consult with in a different state or specialty and don't know anyone. Try the Washington DC Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a $50 referral fee, which includes a half hour free consultation with a lawyer.

Alternatively, or for a broader selection, you can try a commercial legal referral service. One that has been around for a long time and which is very reputable is Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client-rated which some customers find very useful to help them narrow down their choices.