How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19291
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a document from a collections agency that i thought

Customer Question

I signed a document from a collections agency that i thought was working for a credit card company, not realizing that they bought my debt from citibank. they are now suing me for thousands of dollars and garnishing my pay check. is there anything that i can do to stop them without filing for bankruptcy?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no. Bankruptcy is your only option under the circumstances.

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions