Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Madam, Myself Jagadish and this is regarding my recent

Customer Question

Hello Sir/Madam, Myself Jagadish and this is regarding my recent issues with Air India from Chicago - Hyderabad, India - Chicago. I purchased tickets from Chicago to Hyderabad round trip by providing the passenger name, date and age thru. web site Cheap O Air one adult ticket , one Child ticket and one Infant ticket from Chicago to Hyderabad on May 18th and return on August 11th. While returning back on August 11 at Hyderabad Airport , the Air lines issued Boarding passes and Checked in the baggage and cleared the immigration too and the flight about leave from Hyderabad at the gate, The Airlines off boarded my Kids and wife without any options, the reason is my Infant's age crossed 2 years and they harassed and off boarded without any option and my family got stuck in India. Now I re-booked their return tickets thru. a different airline. Could you please help me to file a complaint on this issue.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, we cannot represent you in any legal matters, it is forbidden by law. You would need to engage an attorney where you are to file suit against Air India for them improperly removing you from the slight. However, if your infant was just over 2 years old, they could have insisted you paid them the difference in airfares to allow you to continue on the flight, since you did not pay the proper fare for the infant if the infant was over the age limit for an infant and them failing to do so could be the negligence that is the basis for your suit against them for getting you stuck in India.