Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

Where do I look-up credit card debt defense case law

Customer Question

Where do I look-up credit card debt defense case law examples for the state of Michigan? What is the query. I have civil court procedures. Can I use examples for my opposition to motion for summary judgement from outside of Michigan? I have several from
Georiga and Penn. However nothing from Michigan. Can you give me a case example?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Go to this search:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=defenses+%22breach+of+contract%22+%22credit+card%22&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=4%2C23

That gives you defenses to a breach of contract case, which is what a credit card case actually is.

You can also use the following query at this link (which leads you to the search bar for Michigan):

"breach of contract" "affirmative defense"

If you haven't picked up that book on defending yourself against credit card collection cases you should do that and skim through it, especially the part on filing your answer.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

We're not really supposed to do searches for you or give you specific case law cites but I ran that one search that's above and then gave you an additional query to try.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate these questions since the month is closing out and I'd like to get credit before the question times out.