How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57687
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We bought a used car 30 dys ago today. We have had use of

Customer Question

We bought a used car 30 dys ago today. We have had use of the car for maybe a week of this time. We trusted the dealer and his mechanic, who said the car was sound, b/c another trusted person recommended them; but, the car never was sound.It went back to the shop again and again right away. The dealer finally said maybe he could trade it out. There has been no action. We don't hear from him and have trouble getting hold of him. We desperately need a family car. I want a full refund. Do we have any recourse ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, how old was this car when purchased? What was the mileage on it? What exactly is the issue with the vehicle? Did you purchase from an authorized dealer? is the vehicle under warranty of some kind? Please advise.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

did the seller mislead you in some way or otherwise put anything in writing that amounts to fraud?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

Please reply and can take it from there. Normally, on an as is sale, you have limited options, But if seller affirmatively lied/misled courts/attorney general office can step in and undo it based on common law principles including fraud and fair dealings.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

That full refund then can be obtained by negotiation, threat of legal action, and pursuing a claim with the attorney general, and state court. If you paid by credit card, the card company sometimes helps too!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

Kindly click on an excellent rating.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

thank you