How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19483
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2010 Dodge 1500 4x4 and the rear end locked up

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge 1500 4x4 and the rear end locked up causing the truck to crossover into on coming traffic. This is the second truck (dodge) that this has happened on with me. My 2010 has been to the dealership 4 times and it keeps returning. how do I get this lemon replaced before it hurts or kills me or someone else. THE Dodge service rep. even said he would not drive it. But they keep returning it and claiming it is fixed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Regrettably, Mississippi Lemon Law is for new cars only. So, you would need the assistance of a local consumer Attorney to file lawsuit against the manufacturer for replacement of this defective car.

Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to file lawsuit against the manufacturer.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The vehicle in question is still under warranty. Plus there is a recll on it. All I want is for them to replace my truck is that possible.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

I understand that is what you want. However, if the manufacturer has only been willing to keep repairing the car, the only way to get the manufacturer to do the right thing—to replace the defective vehicle is to bring an Attorney in the case. Otherwise, you would keep getting runaround.