N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Buddy I've been trying to get this girl from Ghana Africa

Customer Question

Hey buddy I've been trying to get this girl from Ghana Africa over to United States and everytime I send you a thousand dollars or paper if he's who I pay for a medical or I just paid another thousand dollars for her declaration for the immigration to let her leave the country I pay another thousand dollars for her plane ticket in the end and she says the plane ticket goes through the immigration travel agent can you help me with this
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You wrote:

I just paid another thousand dollars for her declaration for the immigration to let her leave the country

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/FAQ.html

states:

The Ghana Immigration Service [GIS] wishes to bring to the attention of the travelling public, prospective travelers and sponsors of prospective travelers, that there is no statutory requirement compelling any Ghanaian travelling abroad, to show to an Immigration Officer an “Exit Permit” fee in the form of cash or have on them any specified amount before embarkation is permitted.

It has come to the attention of the GIS that some unscrupulous persons are masquerading as Immigration Officers, with the intention to defraud unsuspecting sponsors [host]. These individuals misinform their victims about the existence of the following travel requirements;

1. Basic Travel Allowance [BTA]

2. Declaration Fee [Pocket Money]

3. Letter of Declaration

These documents in essence, purport that a citizen of Ghana travelling abroad, is required by law to show to the Immigration Officer or hold monies ranging from $1,500 to $10,000. Travelers are therefore advised to note that the GIS does not require the documents above from persons, Ghanaians or non-Ghanaians departing from the country.Consequently, travelers are under no obligation to show or carry along any such monies. Please be advised accordingly.

You are being scammed,

I hope this information is helpful.