Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

My husband and i have been financing a vehicle through car

Customer Question

My husband and i have been financing a vehicle through car mart since october of last year. they had told us that they took care of the registrasion. we went to reregister it and was told that we can not because the car is still in the previous owners name and that the tag was cancelled in december of 2014 making the vehicle illegally driven all this time. and we have been making payments on a vehicle that legally isnt even ours. can this be a void of the contract that we signed to buy the car in our name and possibally get a refund of all payments and fees made and return the vehicle. . .
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, did you contact the dealer and demand that they get this resolved? Or not yet? Why do you believe this was never registered correctly, do you believe it to be an oversight or due to something else?