Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I understand an engagement ring is given in contemplation of

Customer Question

I understand an engagement ring is given in contemplation of marriage and when it's over you must give the ring back. But what if, via text message, he told me 'you're not worth it, keep the ring...'. Do I still have to give the ring back?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
What state is this in?
Do you still have the text?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.