CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have heard there is a class action lawsuit against

Customer Question

I have heard there is a class action lawsuit against Cottonelle "flushable" wipes... They do not disintegrate! Just paid almost $700 for plumbing issues due to sewage back up from cottonelle wipes...plus hours of clean up! My Hardwood floor is damaged from the sewage gross leakage... Hours of bailing poop-water out of my house before the plumbers came... and I have fibromyalgia... not good for a 100 lb. woman to have to carry pound after pound of sewage water to the backyard! Just need advice as to whom I talk to... thank you!
Leigh Easterday
email: XXXXXXXXXXX
cell phone: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

There have been class actions filed against the company for their product.

However, the best way to determine whether or not your claim is compensable (either through a class action - or what is going to net you more accurate compensation for your injury - a private claim in state court) you will want to speak with a plaintiff's lawyer local to your area.

A plaintiff's lawyer can help you review your case, your damages, and your cause(s) of action, and either help you by negotiating a settlement, filing a claim on your behalf, or contacting an appropriate class action attorney for you (this is far better than simply using an 800 number - you want to ensure that you reach a class action that you qualify for and don't waste time trying to join a class that you don't qualify in (for example, wrong state, wrong time period for your claim, etc.).

You can find local plaintiff's civil litigation attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).