How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56821
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement against me for $3411 and I did not know

Customer Question

I have a judgement against me for $3411 and I did not know about it. Now that I was getting ready to close on a house i cant get the loan until I pay it off. The wat that and interest and other court and attny fees. I dont have it. What can I do to close on the house?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, you have a few options.
First you may settle with creditor on condition lien removed.
Second you may escrow the judgment pending resolving the claim.
Third you may file a motion to vacate the judgment due to lack of notice.
You may combine these options and use counsel locally to handle if you wish and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

Kindly click on a positive rating, thanks!

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions