Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a problem with El Paso Electric o Back in May I was

Customer Question

I have a problem with El Paso Electric o
Back in May I was sent a disconnect notice to pay by May 11, which I did through BofA bill pay; BofA electroniaaly transmitted the payment to EP Electric on May 12. EP Electric say that they did not receive the payment until May 14, which is why they disconnected the service on May 13 and reconnected it on May 14. The next minth they charged a reconnection fee, which I disputed, and after being very rudely treated, was threatened with a denmand for security deposit which they are now charging on the bill after that one, which is my current bill.
Bank of America claims that EP Electric did receive the payment on May 12, and they have a transaction reference number or receipt which they provided. I have tried speaking to numerous agents at El Paso Electric, but they keep saying that they did not receive payment until the 14th, but offer no proof. I was out of town from the 12th to the 15th of May, so I had to throw out close to $100 dlrs worth
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Texas
What have you tried so far?: I have tried going to speak personally with a manager, through a bullet proof glass. Previous to that my daughter tried twice to resolve the matter. Yesterday I talked to a manager, and they never tell me their names. When I require that they show me proof of receipt of the payment, showing the date, they tell me they cannot do that, that for them, the date posted is proof enough. I told them that an internal record is not proof, and they cannot charge me anything without proof. She abruptly just left and stopped speaking with me and instructed the cashier to give me a post it with the name of the director(Joe Garibay) and his phone number. I proceeded to call me several times, but he never answered, and has not returned my call request left on his voice mail. By the way, the director was t the same location were I spoke to the manager, and when I asked the cashier why they just simply did not call him on the internal line, she said that she could not do that because the manager instructed her so

Response: You need to file complaint with Public Utility Commission. This is a regulatory agency that overseers public utilities including electric companies. Click on the link below to file your complaint:
http://www.puc.texas.gov/consumer/complaint/Complaint.aspx