Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

I signed a cable TV contract in my home after service was

Customer Question

I signed a cable TV contract in my home after service was connected yesterday. Can I cancel within 3 days? This is with Xfinity TV with comcast.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

There is a misconception that there is an automatic right to terminate any contract within 3 days. This 'right of rescission' does not universally exist, it only exists if there is language in the contract itself to terminate early, or if there is a state law specifically for this type of an agreement (Oregon does not have an exception for cable contracts for an early rescission right). Otherwise the contract is valid. Therefore, I would suggest that you check the language in the contract that you signed. If there is no automatic right to cancel, you cannot cancel within 3 days and the contract is valid and binding against you.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.