How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was notified by a so called private investigator that the

Customer Question

I was notified by a so called private investigator that the bank demanded me to release my car to a repo man. My complaint is that I was not notified by the bank.,I was notified my the bank days after my car was released.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer, there are 2 courses of action you can take:

(Do you want to report your bank to the TX Attorney General for fraudulent business practices: The AG can investigate, and if appropriate take administrative action against the bank.

Or are you looking to try to sue the bank to reinstate your loan (this is going to be more difficult as the court is going to require that you make a showing not only that the bank acted improperly in the repossession, but also that you are able to to make the necessary payments to bring the car current (there must be a showing of "damages" or "injury" by the plaintiff - not solely an act of negligence)).

If you want to try to work something out with the bank, you can try mediation. Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Sir for your help.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.