How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Boat motor rebuild 15k, work no good- 2nd rebuild "free"

Customer Question

boat motor rebuild 15k, work no good- 2nd rebuild "free" after 200+ hrs-engine grenades.
a different boat builder ( respected in the boating industry) suggest block was damaged and "should not have been rebuilt, after market parts used- no good". surprised i got 200+ hrs. since the 2nd rebuilt its been a nickle& dime effect, resulting in thousands of dollars spent babysitting this grenade. want to recover $15k on this $33k expense.
my opinion is that we were at a disadvantage and depended on his professional opinion, trusting they were acting in are best interest. after all they had expressed we we're one of thier golden customers- i thought they meant something else?
any help here
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they refuse to refund your money for their negligent repairs, then you would have a right to sue them and the second mechanic would need to testify on your behalf that the repairs that the first mechanic made should not have been made and were negligent in doing so, which would entitle you to recover money for the damages you have incurred as a result of their negligence.
You would have to sue though in the AZ Superior Court based on the amount due and you should have yourself an attorney to represent you in the suit locally against the mechanic.