Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I almost changed cell phone carriers. It became a very

Customer Question
I almost changed cell phone...
I almost changed cell phone carriers. It became a very confusing experience. I had not given my "final" yes when an employee at Best Buy (did not know who it was, could not see name tag as lighting was low, and it got very busy) handed me a phone. There was a contract, however, I was told by Charles @ Sprint (the first person I talked to regarding this fiasco)....assured me numerous times that I "...would NOT be held liable".
I do not remember stating I needed a phone as the one I have is very new and working fine. Another look at the phone I was handed....and it looked exactly like mine...so I assumed I must have allowed the person I was working with take control of it for some reason. I did not find my phone in the bottom of my purse until the next day...and by that time, the store was closed. So I went it as a Good Samaritan but that quickly changed to I owe them money for a phone I never asked for nor wanted.
I would call the manner in which these events occurred...the bum's rush. I have never broken any law and I certainly would not consider fraud. From my perspective, I had an employee who did not want to take no for an answer.
I was presented a document requiring my signature....my very brief moment to review it registered as a cancellation in my mind. You already know....not the case.
I have the phone number for the Fraud Department that is available tomorrow beginning at 9:00 am Central Time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/8/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your specific question?
I have been asked to contact Sprint Fraud Department tomorrow. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. I think the new phone I never asked for is an issue. I was asked to sign a doc with no time provided to read...push push, rush, rush. Verizon and Sprint participated in reinstalling all my personal stuff on my phone that I did not request be transferred to Sprint.
I was not given copies of any docs to review nor copies for my files.
I
I was hurried through the process and not provided time to read or even briefly scan documents. I was unable to get the associate ' name.
Thank you for all the information. However, I still do not know what your specific question is.
What is your specific question?
What do you need assistance with?
Infolawyer, Lawyer