Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Last July 23, 2015, we had a group of 18passengers booked on

Customer Question
your flight DY7088, DY813, DY1502...
Last July 23, 2015, we had a group of 18passengers booked on your flight DY7088, DY813, DY1502 from LAX to Prague via Stockholm and Oslo scheduled to depart at 2:00PM. The party of 18 were at the airport as early as 10:00AM to check in but when they got
to the check in counter they were told that the flight was not going to leave until 12:30AM of July 24 ( 10 ½ hours delay). Mrs. Angelina Perez, the group leader immediately told the check in staff that they had a tour to catch in Prague, all fully paid by
the passengers in advance and if they don’t leave on time, they will miss their pre-arranged tours, won’t be able to reschedule that tour since they also had to catch a scheduled cruise with VIKING, and will not be given any refund of their tour anymore due
to last minute cancellation. Unfortunately, the airport staff wasn’t very helpful and all she said was that she couldn’t do anything about it since she was not an employee of Norwegian Air and just a contractor. Mrs. Perez asked to speak to the Manager on
duty but was told the same thing. Because of frustration, Mrs. Perez gave me a call in the office to tell me about the bad news. I immediately called your Customer Service tried my best to see what I could do for the group. I spoke to Alicia from your agent
support and I told her about the situation. I demanded that the group be transferred to another airline scheduled to leave that day so they will get to their destination almost the same time. There were flights with Lufthansa, British Airways, Aeroflot but
Alicia said she cannot just decide on it and needed to check with the head office and she asked if she could give me a call back. That was around 11:00AM. She said she will call me back in 20miutes but I never got a call from her. I waited for another 15minutes
and when I didn’t get any call, I had to call her again to find out what’s going on. It took me more than 30minutes to get a hold of Alicia only to be told that your office will not allow the passengers to be transferred to another airline. Alicia offered
to put the passengers on your 12:30AM departure but only 17seats were available for the onward flights to Oslo! Alicia offered a refund of the unused portion (LAX – Stockholm – Oslo) if the passengers decide to take another airline but the passengers would
have to pay for their own tickets already! No effort was done to reallocate the passengers. I had to ask one of the passengers to go to Aeroflot check in counter to ask if seats were available to accommodate all of the 18 people. Unfortunately only 4 can be
accepted. Passengers were left at the airport to fend for themselves no offer from the check in staff if they could help with the rescheduling. The only offer given to them was a $40 meal voucher for their lunch and dinner! 4 passengers had to take Aeroflot
flight that day (paid for their own one way ticket) and 14passengers were left without the choice but to take the Norwegian Flight at 12:30AM, July 24. This was the only thing they could do for them to make it to their scheduled Viking Cruise for July 26.
So their 2days prearranged tour in Prague and their one night Hilton Hotel stays were all gone. I understand that flight disruptions could happen to any airline; but the way your airline dealt with it or more like did not deal with it was a horrible experience
to our passengers! These are our valued clients and we always want the best for them. No effort was done on the Norwegian Airlines side and your staff had no capacity to fix the problem! The value of the passenger’s travel arrangements for this once in a lifetime
tour experience that they were looking forward to, the value of their time and money was not even considered. No call was made prior to the delay, despite the fact that the tour leader’s phone number was indicated in your record and a group of 18 was also
indicated. A phone call would have been the least that you did
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/7/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us on this that we can assist you with?
We want to know if we can make a claim on cases of delayed flights with Norwegian Air. Because of the delay, the group missed their land tour package which they already paid in full.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Infolawyer, Lawyer