How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a credit card charge dispute with

Customer Question

I am in a credit card charge dispute with out of Jerusalem, Israel for an on line class I am not going to take and for two products I mistakenly ordered and since turned down and never received anyway. They say the money is theirs for some reason, we say it is not. This has been going on since May of this year. Do I have any legal recourse to help get this resolved? Our credit card company, Discover, has not been very helpful either. We believe we are being robbed by Can you help in any way?
Minka L.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid we cannot represent you in any legal matters, it is forbidden by law. You would need an attorney in Israel to assist you and you can find one there at the same sites used by other attorneys,
As far as discover, they have purchase protection, why haven't they done a chargeback if you did not receive what you ordered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did once, then they reversed it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Did they explain why they reversed it?
Did you file a written appeal to the credit card with proof that the charges were for items not received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can't seem to prove anything to Discover's satisfaction, my husband has been on the phone with them and tried. There is no paper trail to prove I don't have something or that I'm not doing anything,
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to send a detailed written appeal to discover, including an explanation as to why you do not have any paper trail. You need to attach any proof you have, including emails. You need to tell them in the letter that pursuant to their consumer protection plan in the cardholder agreement you have satisfied the requirements in that you are being charged for something you did not receive and as such if they do not honor the contract with you, that you will sue them for damages for breach of the cardholder agreement.
If they still refuse, you would have to sue Discover in court in the US. This is the only recourse you have in the US, because your only other recourse is an attorney in Israel and suing the company in Israel directly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband will look at the card holder agreement. Can I get back to you after he does?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
yes, you are free to come back at any time with any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband has to look up the card holder agreement, per your suggestion. Then I will know if I have anymore questions for you and then I can rate you. I am hoping that he is using his time to look it up right now. I have asked him to.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am here. No need to reply to me until you have the information.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions