Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have had 2 lemons in a role. First I had a 2009 Cobalt

Customer Question

Hello, I have had 2 lemons in a role. First I had a 2009 Cobalt that GM was suppose to do a buy back because of all the recalls on it. Instead the dealership did a trade in and left me $4,000 upside down, I could only then purchase a 2014 Chevy spark.. Horrible car. I bought it April 2014 not even 3 months after I bought the spark it was in the shop because my ac wasn't cooling, come to find out I had a recall on my compressor. It was replaced. Barely a year later my ac stopped again. I took off work and went to the dealer ship 7/29 at 8 am. They came and got me at 10am and said that they had to order a part and replace my compressor again. It would take a few more hours.4:30 came around and my car was done.. I drove off the lot and drove it right back.. It was blowing heat. I have now been with out my car for a week now and it is on its 3 repair in 1 year. Do I have a lemon
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I was upside down when I bought the Spark I am more upside down more now. The dealership will only give me $9100 on my car which leaves me $8500 upside down.. They told me they can get me in another car for $500.00 a month. I am a single mom and my car has been repaired 3 times for the same issue in a yr time. I want to be washed cleaned from the spark and placed in a new reliable car, that I am not upside down in.. 2 Cars in a role from GM and Chuck nash I purchased. When the dealership called me last yr saying they are buying my Cobalt back I fell that I was scammed into coming in and getting caught up in the car sales spider web. Buy back not I give you what your car is worth and stick you in another piece of crap car while you are so far upside down you are stuck in our web.. I need help. I am waiting to hear back from GM.. They said I have a case but I got screwed before and I am afraid that I will get screwed again...All I want is a n new dependable car.. Get me out of the Spark and put me in a car that I am not upside down..
Thanks you
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes, you do have a lemon and you can file lemon law complaint with Texas Department of Motor Vehicles since the automaker is not doing anything to resolve your issue. Click on the link below for information on how to file your complaint:
http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law