How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116792
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son asked my friend if he could use s two jet skis. My

Customer Question

My son asked my friend if he could use his two jet skis. My son's friends were out on the jet skis and they collided into each other causing major damanage to both skis. The skis were not insured and my friend wants a check for 10 thousand for bboth skis. Can I take my son's friend to court to pay for the damage. The kid that caused the damage drove the jet ski straight into the other jet ski which was not moving.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if your son's friend caused the damage, then he is liable for the payment of the damage. He is not liable for the costs of the jet skis, he is liable for the cost to repair for the damage and if the damage was minor as you described, then $10,000 sounds high and you need to tell your friend that as well. Your son's friend is liable for the actual cost of the damages to the jet ski and you need to get proof of those costs from your friend. Once you have the proof of those costs, if your son's friend does not pay, then your friend would have to sue for that amount or if you pay that amount to your friend, you can sue your son's friend for that amount.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions