CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

HOW CAN I APPEASE THIS SITUATION ABOUT PAYING MY BROTHERS

Customer Question

HOW CAN I APPEASE THIS SITUATION ABOUT PAYING MY BROTHERS FAMILY THE MONEY THAT HE LOANED ME FOR $1,281 PLUS 10% ANNUALLY FOR THE 19 MONTHS THAT MY BROTHER HAD KEPT MY BIKE, WHEN OR HOW CAN I RETRIEVED MY HARLEY DAVIDSON BACK LEGALLY?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to learn about this situation, you can sue your brother's estate for "declaratory relief" under a cause of action for breach of contract.

However, this kind of dispute is much better resolved through mediation. Contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.