How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In addition, I withdrew form the project. What is the most

Customer Question

In addition, I withdrew form the project. What is the most secure and legal way to send back $3000 to someone who to me is less than reputable. I don't think I want to send personal check.
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, Anne. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

There are two ways to send the money and protect yourself. First, you can send a 'certified check' for that amount--most banks will charge you from $20 to $30 for the check. This way the funds are guaranteed but the funds do not come from your account. The other option is a 'wire' transfer--for that you can contact the other party and ask for their bank information. But if you do not want to have contact with them, the certified check is likely best.


Dimitry, Esq.