How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse refuses to disclose his or her financial standing?

Customer Question

My spouse refuses to disclose his or her financial standing? What is my legal recourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your spouse is required to disclose the information, you would file a "Motion to Compel" to get the court to order him/her to produce the information. If the court has already ordered them to produce and they are refusing, then you file a Motion for Order to Show Cause for Contempt of Court and bring them back into court to prove to the court why they have not produced the information as required.
As far as your attorney, if he never sent bills to you and took the home to pay the bills, this is basis to file a suit against the attorney to get possession of your home back based on him not giving you a chance to pay the bills.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions